Failed To Issue The Starttls Instruction Protocol Error Samba
If this is on the LDAP socket, it suggests some pretty big > >brokenness. > Please, suggest the right debug level that I should use. If you are the BDC you must # change the 'domain master' setting to no # # domain logons = yes # 070208: podla stareho domain logons = yes # 070215: I'am using existing self-signed CA generated with OpenSSL and server signed with that CA. The default is 'no'. ; pam password change = no # 070208: podla stareho 060411 # 070215: Taky parameter Samba nepozna. Check This Out
That's unusual; even on a segfault, smbd should throw a stack trace in the log. > >And all of these other clients are configured to use starttls? > AFAIK, no. I thought that when I switch to the standard Port of LDAP 389 that it would work.I can connect through localhost as well as through the IP address. Bevor I can solve the connection Problem from Samba an SELinux I will have to solve my SSL Connection Problem first. Now we're trying > >>to move to Etch. https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1608225&page=3
Failed To Issue The Starttls Instruction Connect Error
If you > >try to connect to the server with ldapsearch, do you get the same error? > > Please, specify, what kind of info do You need here. max log size = 10000 # If you want Samba to only log through syslog then set the following # parameter to 'yes'. # 070208: ; syslog only = no syslog The time now is 01:37 PM.
Message #50 received at [email protected] (full text, mbox, reply): From: "Mgr. Full text and rfc822 format available. create mask = 0700 # Directory creation mask is set to 0700 for security reasons. Message #55 received at [email protected] (full text, mbox, reply): From: Steve Langasek
The connection between Samba and LDAP is established but Samba log give me some Problems. Failed To Issue The Starttls Instruction Can't Contact Ldap Server Full text and rfc822 format available. Now we're trying > to move to Etch. Full text and rfc822 format available.
to/#htoc35 Top MD11 Posts: 14 Joined: 2009/07/06 13:41:34 Location: Duesseldorf, Germany Re: Samba + OpenLDAP + TLS Quote Postby MD11 » 2009/07/24 06:39:39 Thx, I?ll have a look and see what It > seems odd that this would work at all with start tls, unless your SSL > certificate was set up oddly. regards Top yyagol Posts: 1015 Joined: 2006/06/10 18:27:44 Location: 32 4′N 34 47′E Contact: Contact yyagol Website Re: Samba + OpenLDAP + TLS Quote Postby yyagol » 2009/07/23 15:57:13 This manual I have configured the samba on this box as a PDC.
Failed To Issue The Starttls Instruction Can't Contact Ldap Server
Acknowledgement sent to Jelmer Vernooij
You may wish to override the location of the # printcap file ; printing = bsd ; printcap name = /etc/printcap # CUPS printing. his comment is here Gud!! Chin.). # UNIX: ISO8859-1 (Western European), ISO8859-2 (Eastern Eu.), # ISO8859-5 (Russian Cyrillic), KOI8-R (Alt-Russ. Acknowledgement sent to Steve Langasek
The obvious problem was, that it didn't work. Acknowledgement sent to "Mgr. Full text and rfc822 format available. http://indywebshop.com/failed-to/failed-to-issue-the-starttls-instruction-connect-error-samba.php Acknowledgement sent to Steve Langasek
I have created a self signed certificate and the connection through openssl s_client -connect localhost:636 work just fine. Be careful with this as it also # impacts where Win2k finds it's /HOME share # logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile # 060418: zakomentovany riadok s prazdnym parametrom a nastaveny logon home Users get authenticated, network shares are connected.
Copy sent to Debian Samba Maintainers
- FAQ Forum Quick Links Unanswered Posts New Posts View Forum Leaders FAQ Contact an Admin Forum Community Forum Council FC Agenda Forum Governance Forum Staff Ubuntu Forums Code of Conduct Forum
- Ok, nothing seems out of the ordinary here, that's too bad -- no easy answer here. > passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://vedko6.misbb.sk:389" Are the quotes necessary here?
- Do i need to install ldap on the fileserver?
- I want to add a file server using samba that auths to the same ldap server, i have googled around looking, but haven't found too much current and relevant information.
- You can test this problem by doing the following in yoru smb.conf # SSL Settings ldap ssl = off #ldap ssl = start tls if it works, apply the fix listed
- It > >seems odd that this would work at all with start tls, unless your SSL > >certificate was set up oddly. > This is the beginning of the /etc/ldap/slapd-cert-ldap1.pem >
- Adv Reply November 1st, 2010 #8 luvshines View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu Join Date Sep 2010 Location Indian Capital City Beans 913 DistroUbuntu 14.04
- hosted Linux servers at www.zwiegnet.com/go Proudly powered by WordPress Samba 4 ldaps:// server functionality Hacker's ramblings Samba 4 ldaps:// server functionality Monday, June 10. 2013 My Fedora 19 project continues...
- Peter Tuharsky wrote: > >What is the cn in the SSL certificate being used by the LDAP server?
- Send a report that this bug log contains spam.
This is just a workaround however, and not everybody can afford it. bump, (not sure why i have two accounts...) lol Adv Reply October 30th, 2010 #3 david.garceau View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message A Carafe of Ubuntu Join Date Jul I'm not sure that removing them would make any difference. > # 070215: Povodne bolo: > # ldap ssl = start_tls > # Lenze vraj Samba 3.x nepodporuje LDAP over SSL, Reason being is that i dont want to manually add the usernames and passwords into /etc/passwd nor do i want to have one specific password to access the fileserver.
[email protected] http://www.debian.org/ Information forwarded to [email protected], Debian Samba Maintainers
# (typically a replication directory)
# Slave LDAP server
# Ex: slaveLDAP=127.0.0.1
# If not defined, parameter is set navigate here Here You are. > > Ok, nothing seems out of the ordinary here, that's too bad -- no easy answer > here.
Full text and rfc822 format available. But i know where the Problem lies. The default value should be reasonable ; os level = 255 # 070212: odstavec prevzaty zo stareho # Preferred Master causes Samba to force a local browser election on startup # If you > try to connect to the server with ldapsearch, do you get the same error? > Please, specify, what kind of info do You need here.
Please remember to include a Subject field in your messages in future. (Mon, 29 Sep 2008 17:57:02 GMT) Full text and rfc822 format available. Having an Issue With Posting ? Debian bug tracking system administrator
Calendar October '16 Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16